- Interactive apps require user engagement, but do not create new materials. Examples: Angry Birds, Hotel Tycoon, GraphingCalcHD, MayanMath
- Reference apps provide a wealth of information - just like the reference section of a library. Examples: Bible, NutritionFacts
- Productivity/Creativity apps allow users to create or produce something. Examples: Keynote, Pages, Numbers, drawing and painting apps, music creation, movie editing
Below are some resources for getting started.
My Curated App Collections
• This is the access page to my six app collections. They include:
- Math Apps for Parents
- Essential Apps for Parents
- Literacy Apps for Parents
- Measurement Apps to Use in Math & Science
- Apps to Promote Creativity
- Apps to Promote Mathematical Thinking
• This site provides an explanation of the process in developing challenge-based learning experiences, an explanation of what a 21st century learning environment is and provides insight into what best practice in terms of integration is. Scholarly but well worth a read.
iPad Effective Use in the Classroom
• Research into the effective use of integration in the classroom.
Apple in Education Resources
• A collection of video tutorials, classroom guides, and web pages for educators.
• This is a directory of apps for education that have been recommended and tested by Apple Distinguished Educators
Apple in Education Apps
• Educational apps organized by subject area
iPads in Education
• A list of educational apps sorted by subject area
• Activities for use with the iPad.